How to Fix Print Spooler Service Not Running Error on Windows
Does your Canon printer showing a print spooler service not running error. The print spooler is a feature in Windows computer that help in the interaction between printer and connected system. This mainly organizes the print jobs in a queue (remember you don’t wait for one command to finish before giving others, you just give all the print commands at once. This facility is due to the print spooler feature.) So, if you see the printer spooler problems on Windows, it means the spooler has been corrupted.
The Print Spooler Service Not Running Error you face when Canon Print Spooler doesn’t work
You will see a tray-like icon at the bottom right corner of your Windows screen showing a ‘printing’ message. However, you will not get anything printed from the printer.
Steps to Make changes in Print Spooler Properties
This method will work on all Windows versions from Windows XP onwards
Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to find Print Spooler program.
Double-click the program to open a dialog box. Click ‘Stop’ and then ‘Start’ button on the General tab.
- In the General tab only find ‘Startup type’ option and open the drop-down in front of it.
- Make sure ‘Automatic’ is selected.
- This ensures that the spooler doesn’t miss any print command. Press ‘Apply’ to save changes.
- Click on the ‘Recovery’ tab. This determines how the spooler will handle its own issues itself.
Make the following changes.
The first failure – Restart the Service
The second failure – Restart the Service
Subsequent failures – Take No Action
Reset fail count after – 1 day
Restart service after – 1 minute
- Now click the ‘Log On’ tab. Uncheck the box next to ‘Allow service to interact with desktop.’ Click ‘Apply.’
- Now close all the windows and restart your system.
- Try printing. If you can, then you are sorted. If not, move to the next step.
- Go back to Print Spooler properties window. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab. You will some components listed under ‘This service depends on the following system components.’ Do the following for all components:
- Go back to Services windows by following the first step of the process.
- Search for the name of the components you just saw in ‘Dependencies’ tab.
- Make sure that the ‘Status’ field have the word Started and the ‘Startup Type’ is selected as Automatic. Start and Stop the services if they don’t have these values. This will reset the values.
Hope you will Fix Print Spooler Service Not Running Error now, get in touch with us for tech help on troubleshooting Canon issues. We offer 24 hours Canon printer service.