Best 5 Ways To Get Couch Cleaning Done
Cleaning the couch is one of the most dreaded household chores. It often sees itself at the bottom of your to-do list, however it needs some form of regular cleaning. The frequency might not always be same for every home but couch cleaning gold coast will be required at some point or another. You can clean it with water and detergents first and then use a steam cleaner on it to get rid of all kinds of dirt that accumulates there after years together.
Best 5 Ways To Get Couch Cleaning Done
1) Vacuum Clean Your Couch First
Before starting anything else, vacuum clean your couch thoroughly first. Use a brush attachment to loosen up ground- dust particles which would make subsequent cleaning easier. You can also sprinkle some baking soda over the couch to get rid of smells and other impurities.
2) Sprinkle Some Baking Soda Over It
Baking soda is a great deodorizer for any kind of fabric. Even if you don’t find it effective, you can always get rid of stains with baking soda on your wet cotton cloth. Just pour some baking soda powder on the surface of the couch and wait for at least half an hour before vacuuming it off completely.
3) Vacuum Clean The Couch Again And Then Use A Steam Cleaner
You might want to use a steam cleaner over the couch once again after vacuum cleaning it but this time go bit easy while using it or else there could be a chance that the couch would get damaged due to excess heat. Also, just use steam on stubborn stain areas and do not allow hot steam to come in contact with your couch’s fabric as it could result in damage.
4) Use A Steam Cleaner On The Fabric
Using a steam cleaner is one of the safest ways to clean couches, however you need to know how much pressure should be applied while using them and where exactly they should be applied for maximum efficiency. For example, when cleaning stains like mud or coffee from couches – keep the nozzle of your steamer 2-3 inches away from the surface and then go over it in an up and down motion. Keep changing positions while doing so and use both right and left hand so that you can remove stains from both sides. Also, use a soft brush to scrub it in a circular motion and then follow the same up and down motion again for best results.
5) Dab With Water And Detergent, Then Use A Steam Cleaner Again
After vacuuming the couch once again, mix detergent with water to make suds and apply this mix on the surface of your couch using a soft cotton cloth. Rub in an up-and-down motion again but don’t add too much pressure or else you will end up damaging your couch’s fabric even more! Allow the solution to sit for sometime before rinsing it off completely. Once done, wipe clean the entire surface of couches with a dry cloth and use a steam cleaner to remove any kind of dirt or grime that might be left behind.
Useful Tips And Tricks
- Some couches have a leather-like surface which cannot be cleaned with water alone, so if you have such a couch then follow these steps to clean it.
- You can also mix vinegar and water together in 50:50 ratio and spray that solution on the surface of your couch using a bottle sprayer for some extra shine.
- Remember that you don’t need to put huge amounts of detergent but just enough to form suds over your sofa’s fabric. Using excess detergent can ruin the color of fabric as well as affect its durability completely!
- It is best advised to use a steam cleaner with a microfiber mop head for cleaning up couches as it not only ensures minimal damage but is also great for removing dirt and dust from the entire surface without spreading them further.
- Once you are done with one side of your couch, turn over to the other side and clean that too in similar manner with same tools. This is because you do not want to transfer dirt and dust from one side to another!