We’ve talked about what SEO is, and what the main SEO Services in London are, on this blog before. Hopefully, you’ll have a decent idea of the general principles of search engine optimization (otherwise known as SEO). To summate, SEO Services in London involve all the tricks, hacks and techniques needed to increase your online visibility and bring you as the first result of a potential customer or client’s search results.
There are three main SEO Services in London used to optimize your content. These are known as on-page SEO, technical SEO and off-page SEO. We’ve spoken about them in other articles, but let’s briefly recap what each of these involve.
On-page SEO is fairly self explanatory. This is optimization of the content actually present on your website or social media. In other words, on-page SEO is a branch of SEO Services in London that works with what will meet the eyes of your potential customers. Although the other two prongs of the SEO ‘fork’ are critical to success, on-page SEO is ranked as the most important, and is often the one SEO Services in London providers focus on the most. On-page SEO is the solid foundation upon which off-page and technical SEO stand.
On-page SEO primarily revolves around quality content. Your SEO Services in London provider should be consistently putting out the sort of things that people like to read. Getting this part right means your customers and clients coming back for more and starting to build a relationship with you. While creating content, your SEO Services in London agency must also keep in mind the relevant keywords and search terms, and it’s always a good idea to have internal links from one part of the site to another.
When you have internal links as part of your on-page SEO strategy, you have to make sure that they work. This is technical SEO, and a lot of business owners need help from an SEO Services in London provider with this. Technical SEO deal with all things related to how your website performs on laptops, tablets, desktops, mobile phones, and any other device your clients may use.
The problem with technical SEO is that it can work with content or against it. For example, if your SEO Services in London provider fills the page with pictures, it will increase your page load speed, which drives potential customers away. On the other hand, if your SEO Services in London provider can create good metadata with a good amount of search engine algorithm keywords, you’ll end up ranking hirer on the search engine results.
Technical SEO gets pretty technical and often requires a sharp-eyed SEO Services in London consultant to manage.
We mentioned linking and connecting to internal and external sites above. Off-page SEO elaborates on that concept, because search engines like Google rely on the page rank algorithm. The Page Rank algorithm classifies the pages with the greatest number of valuable inbound links (backlinks) as good quality, and ranks them higher on search result pages. We mentioned ‘valuable’ inbound links because, when this system was initially introduced, people created ‘link farms’ to cheat the system.
However, the most popular search engines quickly grew wise to this black hat SEO, and now penalize links that are not trustworthy, authoritative, or useful. What this means is that inbound links are still used for ranking, but now Google and other search engines look for quality links that prove a site’s own quality. Ergo, it becomes the job of the SEO Services in London provider to make sure the backlinks created are good quality.
The logical next question to arise is: are there different types of backlinks? The answer is yes, and there are three main types:
- Natural Links
- These are the best kind of backlink, and work on the principle that there’s no better advert than a happy customer. Within this category are influencers, bloggers, and vloggers endorsing (and linking back) to your product, resulting in a boost in your rankings.
- Self-built links
- A way to create your own inbound links, this is a simple strategy. It entails getting involved in appropriate forums, communities, and directories, and linking your information there. Your SEO Services in London provider should be finding forums related to your service or product, and linking your URL there.
- Manual links
- Another way to create your own inbound links, your SEO Services in London provider creates links by asking people to share it or link to it. This can be achieved via affiliate marketing, or the organic quality of the content your SEO Services in London provider produces.
What Results Can Be Achieved with Expert SEO Services in London?
An SEO Services in London agency that delivers ranking results to their clients is how you can achieve great online exposure and increased bookings. Make sure that the listed SEO Services in London include on-page, off-page SEO, and expert technical SEO, as a three-pronged approach will bring you a number of benefits. It is reasonable to expect that you will improve your:
- Rankings: Over time you should reach page 1 results for any keywords relevant to your business
- Organic Traffic: Being on the first page is useless unless it attracts website visitors. Website traffic directly causes increased online bookings, phone calls or email enquiries.
- ROI: Your SEO Services in London provider should be giving you a sales conversion of 2%-5%+ based on all clicks your website received. Within months of hiring an SEO Services in London agency your ROI should improve, and continue to do so.
The biggest benefit of all is that, once your SEO Services in London manage to get your website to page 1, the number of visitors and the time they spend engaging with your website will keep it anchored there long after your SEO strategy, and establish your brand as the best in town.