Regardless of the precautions, you take in your home, your leather furniture is always prone to some damages or stains. Dirt is an unavoidable element of life nowadays that does not look nice on your new leather couch or sofa. On your nice and shiny brand new furniture, someone like a child or a guest can accidentally spill a drink easily and there won’t be much to blame them for that. Your expensive leather sofa needs care on a regular basis; if you refrain from getting professional help from the upholstery cleaning Sydney company, then the longevity of your leather sofa is going to be in jeopardy.
Below is a brief guide by our experts at Pro Sofa Clean, Sydney’s best couch cleaning service to help you understand removing stains from your leather furniture. If grease or stains are already a headache for you and your family, then this post is for you. Read it till the end to gain valuable insights regarding cleaning leather sofa in the right way to remove stains.
We are all in a situation when we have to face dirty stains on our leather furniture. But this is the time when we should hold our breath and keep our cool, it is not the end of the world. Disaster can strike easily when your high school kid can spill ink on the brand new sofa; stains are bound to make home. Ink stains are so common in homes where children go to school; as a parent, you should know how to handle them well.
Handling Grease Stains
Grease stains on your leather couch or sofa can be a nightmare to remove if allowed to set. Our experts at Pro Sofa Clean suggest you take action immediately if you notice some stains on your leather sofas. The best way to remove grease stains is to hire a professional upholstery steam cleaner in Sydney. However, before you do that, you can do something on your own if you observe that your leather sofa or couch is full of grease stains.
There are a few simple steps you can take to make your leather sofa as new as possible.
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth if you spot any grease marks on your leather sofa. This is a simple trick to remove as much stains as possible without much hassle.
- If you have a leather cleaning product in your hands that you prefer, cover the affected area with that product and let it dry.
- If the stain is still there, then the best thing you can do is to cover them with the baking soda and let it sit for a few hours and then brush it away.
Now, let us talk more about how you can remove ink stains and how you can be in a situation. Now the fountain pen has been dropped and there is nothing you can do stop the stain from spreading fast. Here is something you can do to handle such an unpleasant situation.
- Dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol. Make sure you do not drench it, just slowly make it damp.
- Carefully blot the stained area without soaking the leather.
- Slowly clean the stain with a damp cloth once you have tried to remove the stain.
- Following this, use a clean rag or towel to dry the leather.
Mildew and Mould Handling
Mould removal is never easy for an unprofessional homeowner. You always have to call the professional couch cleaning Sydney services in town that offer you affordable and reliable mould cleaning services. Mould and mildew look very absurd and leave an unpleasant impression on guests. They also look bad as well as smell bad. You would not want that to happen to your leather furniture. However, when it happens, the method for removing mould and mildew is thankfully simple.
- Mix equal parts of distilled water and rubbing alcohol.
- Apply at all the affected areas that look bad by mould or mildew on your sofa.
- Take a damp cloth and wipe your sofa with it once the mildew or mould has been removed.
- Take a clean towel and dry the sofa with it.
Now we come to remove liquid stains from your leather furniture. These liquid stains are often a result of stains from drinks and juices. Guests or children can drink juices and cold drinks on sofas; moreover, while rushing your way to the office, you can also spill some ice tea or coffee on your leather furniture. You can take action immediately if you allow a spill to dry.
- Take a clean cloth and blot the liquid with it. Do not rub it or press it. Just teat it gently to remove stains.
- Clean the area with a leather sofa cleaner with a soft cloth.
- Dry the area with a clean towel.