How to Fix Windows Printer Error 11b
Lets discus first what is network Printer Error 11b, how it occur and how to fix Windows Printer Error 11b. How to fix network Printer Error 0x0000011b on Windows 11/10. Steps to Fix Epson Error Code 0x9A
While you trying to take a printout from your Network printer or add a new Printer and end up seeing the error message Printer Error code 0x0000011b. So follow the below steps to Fix Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b.
Steps to Fix Windows Printer Error 11b
Uninstall Recent Windows Updates
Network Printer Error 0x0000011b on Windows is persistent in some of the Windows updates. If Microsoft has issued an update to fix the bug then installing it is what you need. To update Windows, open Run (Win + R), type “ms-settings:windowsupdate”, and click Ok.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Then click on View installed updates.
- Select the latest updates and hit the Uninstall button
You can also use command prompt to remove recently installed Windows updates
- Click on the Search icon.
- Type cmd in the search field.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and launch the tool as an administrator.
- Then run the wusa /uninstall /kb: command. Enter the KB number right after the colon
For example, if you want to uninstall KB5004567, run the wusa /uninstall /kb:KB5004567 command line. After uninstalling the updates, check if your computer can connect to your printer. If error 0x0000011b exist then you need to add the printer using Its IP Address.
Manually Add the Printer Using Its IP Address
- Go to Settings.
- Select Bluetooth and Devices.
- Scroll down to Printers and Scanners.
- Then click on the Add device button to add a printer or scanner.
- Click on the link that says the printer you want to add is not on the list.
- Go to Add a printer using a TCP/IP or hostname.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and manually insert the printer’s IP address.
- Hit Next to connect your computer to your printer.
- Print a test page to check if your printer works as intended.
Disable Print Spooler RPC Encryption
To fix Windows Printer error code 0x0000011b, Microsoft says you should disable the print spooler privacy settings on both the Client and Print Server. When the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled Registry key is set to 1, Windows automatically encrypts RPC communication with network printers and print servers. Disable this option to get rid of network Printer Error 0x0000011b on Windows.
Launch the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print.
- Right-click on the Print key and select New→ DWORD-32 bit Value.
- Name the new key RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled.
- Double-click on the new key and set its value to 0 (zero).
Restart your computer, and check if it connects to your printer.